On July 2 the library transitioned to a new integrated library system. The system impacts how you find, discover, access and request library materials.
The new library catalog is a customized, local version of WorldCat that allows you to discover and access books, articles and more from our collection and beyond.
Below are a few tips and tricks to help you get started:
- Known-Item Searches – These are searches where you know the exact title of an article, book or other material. TIP: Use quotation marks!
- Browsing eBooks – Conduct your search and select the “eBook” limiter on the left side of the screen. Any book with a “View Now” link (including those that do not show holdings in Atkins Library) is from one of our eBook collections.
- Browsing Streaming Media – Conduct your search and select the “eVideo” limiter on the left side of the screen. Any video with a “View Now” link is from one of our new streaming media collections.
- Limiting Search to Atkins – The default is set to search “Libraries Worldwide” but you can change the scope to “J. Murrey Atkins Library” once in the catalog or through the Advanced Search. Changing the scope will provide an accurate display of print holdings at Atkins Library but will exclude many electronic resources from your search results that are available to you.
- Interlibrary Loan – Interlibrary loan requests are much easier in the new system but you can still use the manual ILL form if you encounter problems.
- Book Delivery Service* – Click on “Request Item” to have an available item in Atkins Library sent to you via campus mail. If a book is not listed as “available” your best option is to use ILL or call the circulation desk for other options.
* This only applies to faculty and staff.
We know that some problems may occur during the implementation phase and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve them. If you encounter problems, please report them to 704.687.0494 or contact your subject librarian directly.